Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Seeds of the Soul


On Sunday, my UU fellowship shared in a seed communion.  We received packets of sunflower seeds and ate them as a group.  While eating the seeds, our interim minister talked about seeds taking root in the fertile soil of our souls.  She asked what had seeds had already grown and which ones were getting ready to sprout as the season turned to spring.

This imagery has stayed with me all weekend and I think it will stay with me a while longer.  

Spring begins tomorrow, the trees are budding, and the things I could name last year but have forgotten already are pushing up through the ground by my parking lot.  There is a storm brewing and the winds are blowing.

What a perfect time to think about planting the soil.

No comments:

Post a Comment