Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Polka-Dot Wallet


I’m picky about stuff.  I hate buying new bags (not purses, I’m not a purse person, or so I tell myself…), new wallets, new organizational systems, etc.  They never seem to have everything I need arranged the way I want.  So, I tend to make my own.

In a swap a while back, probably almost two years ago, I received a cloth wallet and loved it to pieces.  Well, it finally fell into pieces.  The corners of my cards were poking out the front and the interfacing was exposed.  It had been well used and looked like it.

My quest for a new wallet had begun.

I started searching through Etsy, looking for a pattern and inspiration.  I could have made my own pattern.  In fact, I had done it before, but I wasn’t quite happy with the result.  I found a great pattern on NapKitten and decided to go ahead and buy the pattern rather than trying to puzzle through it. 
Wallet by NapKitten

Here is the result.

It’s a nifty wallet, really, with a coin pocket and lots of card slots.  I think it’s a bit big, though, and might remake it with a decreased size.  My old wallet spoiled me with how small it was. 

I’m going to be strong and not tell you how I goofed.  The pattern itself was pretty easy to follow with lots of pictures.  If I couldn’t quite figure out what I was supposed to do in the written portion, the pictures helped me puzzle through.  Every step was detailed, something I adore because otherwise I get lost.

I bought another pattern from NapKitten for my sister’s birthday.  It’s meant to hold a camera and a phone.  I’m going to turn it into a voodoo head for a wallet and keys.  But first, I think I might make a prototype to fix any small goofs I might have.
Clutch by NapKitten


No comments:

Post a Comment