Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Write: Getting Ready

One of the downsides of writing 50,000 words in 30 days is the lack of time to do much else.  I try to publish here three times a week, on my other blog once a week (I said try), and write a couple other things.  I also have to craft and get ready for xmas.  How am I going to fit all this in at once?

I'm going to plan ahead.

Yes.  I, the ultimate procrastinator, have made a plan and have started working on it.  This plan calls for me to have most of these posts written ahead of time and ready to be published.  This plan also calls for me to craft my butt off in order to have my projects finished.

The biggest problem I have with creating is blocking myself with too many thoughts.  That's a part of the reason this blog was created.  By structuring things so I knew what I needed to work on, it freed me from worrying about everything else.  By having a plan in place and some of the work done ahead of time, I can sit down and write without worrying about needing to do something else.

Are you participating in NaNoWri this year?  How are you planning the rest of your life around the word count?

No comments:

Post a Comment