Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Mused: Gifts of the Season

So I have shown you some of the gifts I made, now it's time to show you the gifts we received! 

 My grandfather and his girlfriend made these blankets for me and the kiddo.  Everyone in the family received one with their name, even my mom's dog.  They are all sorts of nice and comfy!
 These, plus one I didn't get a picture of because it's in use in my kitchen, came from them as well, but only his girlfriend did the work.  I guess she embroiders during her morning coffee.  I think that will be my hope for the future. :)
Aren't these wonderful?  I adore, ADORE, embroidered flour sack dish towels.  Let me say that again, ADORE!  They remind me of my childhood when we used them all the time.  I remember my great grandmother making these.  Now, teddy bears aren't my favorite thing in the world, but they are adorable and will be well used.  I have had dish towels on my list of projects to make forever.  Maybe these will inspire me to finally get them done.

A friend wants to do a themed xmas next year, Our Ethnic Heritage, so I could whip some of these out with Dutch tulips and patterns.  Although I think I might make them into cloth napkins...  Ah, so many project ideas!  At least I know what I will be doing for my summer crafting.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful gifts! Both those made and those received! Sounds like a perfectly wonderful holiday season. I wish your family a very happy new year. As you take it slow, a good idea would be to reflect on the past as well and all of the joy that has brought us all to this point. One can see that even the pain (such as that of spilled soup) has brought each of us joy as well. Be happy, be prosperous, and above all, please keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely comments! And a happy new year to you as well.

    I do take a look at the past in my view of the future, to better see where I have come from and where I intend to go. May we all remember where we go and come from.

    ReplyDelete