Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Write it down... Or Else

I'm terrible about remembering things.  In the middle of my ride to work, I can have five ideas, but if they aren't written down, I lose them.  I can have whole stories run through my head while washing the dishes, but if I don't stop and write notes, I'll never be able to remember them.

Scratch paper, notebooks, and white boards are my friends.  They may be scattered through the house or buried in a pile, but they are still places I can take notes and wedge my memory of an idea a little further into the Swiss cheese of my mind.  Sometimes I can remember the idea without ever looking at the note.  It seems like once I commit to remembering it, it sticks.  Other times, I don't even fully remember writing the note. 

Have you ever thought to yourself, "Brain, just what the hell are you doing?"

Next time, take notes on how you respond. You might need it later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment