Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It's in the mail!

This morning, I finally put my submission for the 2012 Lyrical Iowa poetry competition in the mail.  All submissions have to be postmarked by...today.  Yeah, I'm a procrastinator.  But it's on it's way to our lovely editor and I did manage to submit something.  Go me!

I found and edited five poems for submission this time.  I'm pretty happy with all of them and excited that I rounded up five whole poems to submit.  Of course, now I have to go hunting through my notebooks for more poems to work on, but that's okay.

I don't like editing poems in my notebook so much.  Sometimes I can't find the correct page again.  When I feel a poem has matured enough in the presses of my pages, I type it out and print it all by it's lonesome.  This gives me room to modify and play with the language.  Which looks an awful lot like chicken scratches.

This is the cover of Lyrical Iowa 2011.  My poem is on page 65!  I finally got around to ordering copies for me and family.  By the way, this can be found in the Ames Public Library, if anyone wants to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment