Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Now where are we going to put all this?

A lot of us now have piles of new, or new to us, stuff now sitting in our living rooms, taking up space in the corner, and squeezed into rooms.  What are we supposed to do with all the gifts from the holidays?  If you have kids, you especially know how hard it can be to find a home for everything.

Of course, if you live a simplistic lifestyle, you might not have that problem.  I, on the other hand, still have a clutter problem. 

Luckily, this year didn't bring lots and lots of gifts, and most of big items go in the kitchen.  On the other hand, I am still trying to find space for the crafty items I picked up from the estate sale of my grandfathers late girlfriend.  She tended to store things like I do and had some really nice things. 

I picked up a sewing box, a storage container, and a couple baskets with scissors and other items.  It's always fun to go through old stuff, and I found some nifty vintage sewing needle books. 
I got something similar to these last year as a promo item from a group.  It was new but looked vintage.  I think these actual vintage items are much cooler.  Why don't places give out free needles anymore?
Inside the sewing box were even more needles, pins, bobbins, thread, and a few other things.




I'm not entirely sure, but I think this thing is supposed to go over the arm of a chair.  It has pockets on both sides and the center has a pin cushion, with even more needles and pins.



I don't think I'll be running out of needles for a long time.  All these things prompted me to do a bit of hand sewing over the weekend.  It's been a long time, but I'm getting back into it.  Now I just wish there had been a thimble in there somewhere...


No comments:

Post a Comment