Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Write: Switching Gears


I am still catching up on my backlog of a to do list.  My few weeks of unorganized craziness seem to be ebbing away slowly, so now maybe I can focus and get stuff done.  Maybe.  At the same time I was stressing myself out, I was having fun.  I just need to remember that and get it done.

Given that I didn’t finish NaNoWriMo, I should be focusing on my novel.  A wonderful blogger, Mythical Magpie, got herself in the same mess I did with being thousands of words behind.  However, she managed to get it all done in time.  Congrats to her! 

I will be working on poetry in December.  Why the shift in gears?  The Lyrical Iowa submission deadline and many other deadlines put on my state poetry associations are soon.  I want to put my best foot forward and find the best poetry I have to send out this year.  Last year, I managed to get a poem into Lyrical Iowa.  I want to do better this year.  Once my submissions are squared away, I will shift my focus right back on story writing. 

Of course, this doesn’t mean that I will not be working on fiction at all.  I still plan on working on bits of my stories during poetry month.  It has to get done at some point, after all.

What are you doing post-NaNo?

No comments:

Post a Comment