Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

"... Although I do not know the way"

I met some new friends this weekend, and was inspired to pick up the actual Lord of the Rings books.  I've seen the movies, several times, and the kiddo adores them.  But I've never read the books.  I have read the Hobbit, but that's as far as I've gotten.

Listening to these new friends talk about their love for the series made me want to see what the fuss was all about.  I love when that sort of thing happens.  People are so enthusiastic about their chosen love that they share it with others who end up feeling the same way. 

Of course, I lost quite a bit of my geek points by not having read the books and asking questions, but I will regain them! 

Do I get extra points for raising a geek? 

No comments:

Post a Comment