Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My nose is running away with me


Douglas Adams once wrote in The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy:
In the beginning, the universe was created.
This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. Many races believe it was created by some sort of god, but the Jatravartid people of Viltvodle VI firmly believed that the entire universe was, in fact, sneezed out of the nose of a being called the Great Green Arkleseizure.
The Jatravartids, who lived in perpetual fear of the time they called "The Coming of the Great White Handkerchief" were small, blue creatures with more than fifty arms each. They were therefore unique in being the only race in history to have invented the aerosol deodorant before the wheel.
The Jatravartids would not like to hang around me.  I have two white handkerchiefs in my coat pocket, another in my pants pocket, and a stack of them freshly laundered and ready to be used. 

I’m thinking I need to embroider ‘Don’t Panic’ on one of them.  Or little blue creatures in the corners. 

2 comments:

  1. I just made some hankies out of t-shirts over the last two days. I think we just spent a small fortune in tissues. Even though I am the only one that will use them, it still saves on tissues. I am ready for winter to be over...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tissues can be expensive! Mine are actually an old bed sheet that was worn through in spots. :) I didn't think about using tshirts, good idea!

    ReplyDelete