Pages

Friday, December 25, 2009

Inspire: Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong.  There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right.  To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I have come to a point this week where this quote seriously applies.  It's confusing, and sometimes you do follow the path your critics have chosen.  But it's not always because of them.  Sometimes you choose to follow that path because that is the path that you must choose. 

So I choose this quote today to remind myself that I must choose my path not based on what others think but what I believe in my heart.  Now I just have to remember what is in my heart and not be swayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment