Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Inspire: Anberlin

***Note:  My computer is in the shop, possibly for three weeks.  So no pics and Sunday posts will have to appear on Monday, Tuesday may be on Wednesday, and Thursday may be on Friday.  And no pics unless I email them from my phone... We will see.  Have a happy New Year and see you on Monday!***

This weeks inspiration comes from a band called Anberlin and a song called Burn Out Brighter (Northern Lights).  You can find the music here.  What better way to welcome in the New Year than with an inspiration aimed at reaching for your goals.

I love this song.  It seems to be about exactly what I am trying to do, live a life that is full of meaning rather than wondering about what-ifs.  This song helps inspire me to follow my dreams, but in my typical fashion, it doesn't say "Dreams are good," it says:

Don't wanna leave this world
Knowing I breathed in vain
Looked out for myself
So sorry, so ashamed.
Don't wanna leave this life
Knowing I barely tried
To chase down all my dreams
That I hide away on the inside.

I've gone through many years where I was filled with thoughts of how my life could be different if I hadn't of made bad choices.  I'm done with those years and I am trying to chase down my dreams.  Maybe they are different from when I was a kid, but they are still there.  Right now I want to be comfortable with myself, raise a great kid, and be recognized as someone that doesn't just make stuff but makes pieces (call them art or not) that are awesome.  I don't think I'm going to make a living off of my crafting just yet, and not sure that I want to.  But I'd like to try to do something with it.  A great etsy shop, a book, or even just a reputation of great work. 

But to do these things, I need to step forward with my head held high.  I need to take a leap and put my stuff out there.  I've started to, but I still don't have my etsy/artfire shops set up (because I haven't gotten around to making anything to sell).  I know I do good work, I just need to work on doing great work.

So let us live inspired and die knowing that we truly tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment