Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Inspire: The Divine Feminine


I always find out about things after they are done.  It’s a fact of my life I’ve come to sigh over.  I don’t rage about it, because there ends up being too many things I want to go to anyway.  I just need to remember to check my local events, and if I miss something, well, maybe next year.

I ran across this article the other day on Navaratri and honoring Shakti, and became interested.  I went to one of the links and became even more fascinated with the idea of honoring the Divine Feminine for a series of nights. 

While Navaratri seems to be celebrated on specific days in the Hindu religion, there is the ShaktiSeva movement that is honoring the feminine not only in Divine, but in each individual as well.

I have come to the realization recently that I have accomplished some of my goals this year and have truly grown into myself.  I am no longer the shy, scared girl when I enter a room full of people I don’t know.  I honor myself as a person, a mother, and a woman.  What better way to thank the Divine Feminine and reaffirm my change than to follow this movement.

How do you honor the Divine Feminine?  How do you honor women in your life?  Do you think special attention needs to be paid to the Divine Feminine? 

No comments:

Post a Comment