Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Inspire: The Healing Power of Pancakes

Well, this was scheduled to be posted on Monday.  I hit all the right buttons and set it up to automatically post.  Guess I should have checked it.  Sorry, guys!

Ah.  Pancakes.  I came across this idea when I was sitting down to dinner with my son one night when we had made breakfast for dinner.  We had had a rough day and we both cheered up greatly with a pancake or two in us.  My son said:  "Pancakes always make things better, don't they?"

I couldn't agree more.

I don't know what it is about them, but they seem to bring healing and relaxation with every fluffy, sticky bite.  It doens't matter if they are covered in syrup, fruit, or have chocolate chips.  They are just yummy.

I was ecstatic when I finally learned how to properly make pancakes earlier this year.  Before that, they tended to end up burnt and flat.  So Pancake Day (free pancakes for the 4th of July, all you can eat pancakes for $5 at VEISHEA, etc) was a Big Deal.

Pancake Day is still a big deal, but that might be because of friends and toppings.  But now I've got it down and I end up making them just about every weekend.  I make a double batch so that they can be frozen and popped in the toaster for a quick breakfast.

Mmm, pancakes.

What is your comfort food?

No comments:

Post a Comment