Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Mused: Valentine's in the Mailbox!

At the beginning of this week, I really wasn't into V-day at all.  But I've started coming around.  Today is the kiddo's valentine's party at school, so we had to make up some treats and a container to receive his treats.  (When I say 'we' I mean 'I' this time.  Normally he helps).

I found this tutorial on Crafting a Green World and used it as my idea.  I didn't follow the tutorial, although I should have, it's so cute!  Instead, I went with what I had on hand and what I could remember from the image.

I am in love with my hot glue gun.  It made this project go so much quicker than it would have if I had used my glue stick.  I took a Bisquick box for the mailbox and cut it up.  The bottom I made bigger than the rounded top.  I folded over an inch on both long sides and glued the top to those flaps.  It made it pretty sturdy.  I would have made an actual front door for the mailbox, but I didn't have any big enough pieces of box left over.  The back was made from a piece of foam board I had left over from the kiddo's birthday party.  It was, once again, hot glued into place very easily.  Then I took a piece of cardstock and glued it in place over the cardboard.


Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment