Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Write: A Missing Key

"Stop, stop!"  I'll tell you!"  Barclay slid across the cement floor on his back with arms raised to protect his face.  The man was half Urisk and it showed in his craggy face, but his human side had more control over him than the Fae.

“Tell me what?”  I asked as I swaggered toward him.  I let my boot heels click loudly, emphasizing each step towards him.  He rubbed at his face but only succeeded in smearing blood from his nose to his cheek.  Pitiful.  All those muscled and he was overpowered by a girl.  Then again, I’m much more than just that.

“Everything, witch. Everything.”

I hunkered down next to him, resting my elbows on my knees.  My flash of smile made him wince.  I shook my head and tucked the multicolored hair back behind my ears.  “I thought you didn’t know anything.  You swore up and down you didn’t know where the key was.  If you don’t know that, then I don’t want to hear anything you have to say.”

“I lied,” he sobbed, “I’m sorry.”  Barclay gave up his fussing to lay curled on the cement.  He sniffed and gasped, tears making the blood run again.  I hate it when targets cry.  It makes my job more difficult.  Have you ever tried beating up a guy who is blubbering?  It’s not fun. 

I swallowed my sigh and twisted my fingers, mumbling the chant before I reached out to touch him.  The truth spell settled down while he jerked at my fingers on his forehead.  “Now tell me what you should have before.  Where is the key to Willow Grove, Barclay?  Where is the key to the Fae?”

No comments:

Post a Comment