Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Create: Stuffs for a Stuffed Mini-zine

I decided to make my new old cookbook the subject of a stuffed mini-book swap I am participating in. I'm excited about this book because I've never made one and it is such an interesting thing.  There are little pockets to tuck things into.  Here are a couple of the tutorials that I'm looking at to make my book.

So what do I think of when I think of stuffing a book about cookbooks?  A recipe card!
The size of the book will be 3x3 since it uses a sheet of 12x12 paper.  This recipe card, with a copy of the book's recipes is 3x5.  I'm not sure if it will be too big for what is supposed to stick out of the book, but it's my book and I can make it the way I want to, right? 





I took the published page and added it to the back of the recipe card.  It looks a little plain, but I like it.

I also made a bookmark and forgot to take pictures.  I think I might make a mini zine on how either substitutions or meat cuts.  The other will probably be what the mini-book is about.


It looks like all the tutorials are just pretty things bound in neat form, but I always feel like I need to make zines into actual books with stories and such.  I feel weird making it just pretty pictures - unless I were to collage it, then I guess it would be okay.  But to me it's not about being an art book, it's about being a book.

I'm hoping to be able to work on it more during lunch today!

Have you ever made one of mini-books?  How do you view zines - art or story?

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment