Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Create: Ah, Accomplishment

I've cleared off a couple things from my To Do list this week.  Of course, there are a couple more things added to it... but at least some of it is gone!

I'm quite happy to show off my new bag - sewn and embroidered by me.  I took a pattern from Burda Style and modified it to fit what I actually wanted it to do.  I made the front flap longer, got rid of the buckle (which I might add in later), and changed it so that the flap went over the whole bag not just the front part.  I also got rid of the recessed zipper so that my bag just opens up.  And I changed the straps.  I'm quite happy with the way it turned out.







However, this bag has not been on my To Do list for very long.  A bag has, so I'm glad I finally got this finished.

Something on my list for longer, however, is a repurposed hardback book.  I tore out the guts of a free book I got at the library and added in my own paper.  I'm really happy with how the process went.  I expected it to be hard for some reason, but it was just as simple as my normal book binding techniques.  I found a great new tutorial online that shows the sewing well and a tutorial for making the book.

 The cover of the book.  It is The Return of Adam Smith by George Montgomery.
 The guts of the book.
 New blank pages!
My new notebook.

I hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment