I've cleared off a couple things from my To Do list this week. Of course, there are a couple more things added to it... but at least some of it is gone!
I'm quite happy to show off my new bag - sewn and embroidered by me. I took a pattern from Burda Style and modified it to fit what I actually wanted it to do. I made the front flap longer, got rid of the buckle (which I might add in later), and changed it so that the flap went over the whole bag not just the front part. I also got rid of the recessed zipper so that my bag just opens up. And I changed the straps. I'm quite happy with the way it turned out.
However, this bag has not been on my To Do list for very long. A bag has, so I'm glad I finally got this finished.
Something on my list for longer, however, is a repurposed hardback book. I tore out the guts of a free book I got at the library and added in my own paper. I'm really happy with how the process went. I expected it to be hard for some reason, but it was just as simple as my normal book binding techniques. I found a great new tutorial online that shows the sewing well and a tutorial for making the book.
I hope you have a great weekend!