Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Clowns and Romance


The last time I was at the library, I picked up Furies of Calderon by Jim Butcher in an effort to get the kiddo to read something new.  Plus, Jim Butcher is one of my favorite authors.  I told the kiddo the author was challenged to write something based on the ideas of Pokemon and the Roman legion – two things my kiddo loves.   

On Monday night, I had a friend over while I was helping the kiddo get his reading log done.  I told my friend the same story about how the book was written and she thought it was pretty neat.  Somehow, the conversation turned into a challenge of our own.

Each of us now has to write a story in a week based on two ideas chosen by the others.  I ended up with Clowns and Romance.  This is how my thought process went after I was given my topics….  Clowns, really?  I hate you guys.  I hate clowns.  Hey, maybe my romance can be about killing clowns.  Alright!  Let’s write!

I haven’t written the story yet.  It will probably happen on Saturday or Friday night.  Whenever I get the time to sit down and write.  But I love the idea of throwing two completely different ideas together and getting a story out of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment