Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

The Love Life of a To Do List


I am caught up in the glow of a new relationship.  A friend introduced us and it’s been a whirlwind romance since then.  It keeps track of things for me and lets me know what needs to happen without being pushy.  I see this relationship going far.

ToDoist.com is my new crush.  It’s an online ‘personal task manager’ where you can enter your tasks, add a date, color code, and mark them important.  You can drag them into a nesting list like an outline, keeping all your tasks together.  It’s great for keeping all those little things that need to happen in every project together. 

I’m currently using the free version, but I can see myself getting the paid version in the future.  There are more features, like notes and reminders, in the paid version.  ToDoist can also be attached to Firefox.  Instead of having to open a new tab and flip back and forth, Firefox will put a button on your toolbar and maximize / minimize a small section for you.  It’s pretty nifty for home use.

I have a terrible habit of thinking a project won’t take very long because I forget all the little details that have to be accomplished.  ToDoist lets me plop down my basic idea / project, then start filling it up with all the little things that need to be done.  Then it will remind me when I need to get them done.  You can also set recurring tasks, so I don’t have re-enter when all my meetings are. 

My previous To Do list was written on multiple pieces of paper (normally whatever I had on hand), my white board, and my writing notebook.  I can’t take my laptop on errands with me, but at least I can keep track of the errands I should be doing from week to week.

If you haven’t tried out ToDoist yet, you might want to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment