Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Going Postal


Group shot from the Going Postal site
I recently got my grubby little hands on Going Postal, the newest TV movie made from one of Sir Terry Pratchett’s fantastic Discworld novels.  I’ve been waiting and waiting for Netflix to grant me the honor of housing the DVD.  Now I don’t want to send it back.  I’m just slightly a fan of the Discworld and Moist von Lipwig is one of my favorite characters.  Plus, he wears a gold hat with wings on it!
Richard Coyle as Moist von Lipwig = One yummy Postmaster
IMDB summarizes the movie as:  A con artist is conned into taking the job as Postmaster General in the Ankh-Morpork Post Office.  The plot changed a bit but it’s still a hilarious romp with serious undertones about corporate greed and con men.  I can’t tell you exactly how it’s changed because I haven’t finished rereading the book yet, but some of the scenes are almost dead on. 

If you haven’t read any of the Discworld novels, may I suggest that you are missing out on a huge world of fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment