Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Create: It's Snowing!

This year for xmas, I wanted everything on my tree to be handmade.  I mostly succeeded but it wasn't exactly what I wanted since I ran out of time.  I was going to take a class on crocheted snowflakes but didn't get around to it.  Now I can start prepping for next year already!


Today has been a surprise so I didn't have time to finish this properly with starch and blocking, but I think it turned out really well.  It was a quick crochet, maybe twenty minutes.  The pattern is called Mini Snowflake, designed by Julie A. Bolduc.

I used thin yarn instead of thread and a C hook, so this is bigger than the designer intended.  But it did it's purpose in showing me that this kind of design isn't as difficult as the mind makes it seem.  I am no longer intimidated by doilies! (maybe...)  I'm definitely going to be making a number of these for xmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment