As I have mentioned before, I signed up for the Fiction Project earlier this year. I still haven't finished it yet and it is due in the mail by May 1st. So in an effort to get stuff off my To Do List, I am going to share with you an outline of what I will be writing about. For some reason, I seem to be stuck in the 'When April gets here I will start writing about it' mindset and it's killing me. Hopefully I will start writing this week. No, not hopefully, I will start writing this week.
It's a very rough outline, based mostly on dialogue. I need to flesh it out enough to fill many many pages, yikes. So I better get to it, right?
1 - Man confronts a woman hanging around outside his house.
* Leave me alone and go away.
* That's fine. I'll see you in five minutes.
* I'm calling the cops.
* Please do. Maybe they can help.
2 - She shows up inside
* It's been five minutes. Are you ready to go?
* He's standing over his body while his wife gives him CPR
* Him: All I remember is a flash and a pain. I was making dinner
* It got you quick. I'm sorry but you are dead. I'm here to guide you to the Underworld
* But they might save me
* If you linger, you might live. But you'd be in a coma. You wouldn't be alive.
* What happens now?
* That depends on you.
3 - The Under World
* What do you believe in?
* I don't know
* Travel down gray streets - a run down area full of ghosts and those who feel like they've lost their souls but are still alive. Humanity clinging to the gutters, not wanting to disapear.
* House at the end of the street - full of waiting spirits, an eternal waiting room.
* Purgatory for those that haven't figured out what they want
* Takes a tour of different doors in the house that lead to different beliefs, different heavens, different hells
* Someone runs out of a hell door and slams it shut, gasping and sinks into a seat. He gets up and tags along when they go by - someone she knows.
* I told you it wasn't fun.
4 - Fields of Asphodel
* The gray plain full of wandering listless spirits trampling down the grasses.
* Judges sit in high thrones
* If you want judgment, this is it. Or you can choose your own adventure in the house.
* The judges nod him towards an open door
5 - Hospital where a baby is being born
* They gave you a chance to be reborn. You figured out you wanted another chance to live.
* Would I remember?
* That's the whole point, no. You have five minutes.
* What about you? What did you decide?
* I chose to help.
*So will I.