Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Create: A Work In Progress, or Catching Up

My To Do list is currently longer than my done list.  There are some things a bit higher on my list than others.  One of those things is the ArtVend Machine.  This week was dedicated to getting some stuff made up and painting the machine at our meeting.

I learned something too.
Always check what kind of paint you are using before you go getting it all over your hands.  Oil based paint does not wash off like water based paint...  And now, a few days later, I'm finally learning that baby oil or olive oil could have removed it that night instead of waiting to buy mineral oil.  Can you tell I'm a blonde? 

On top of my list right now is a project for a swap.  If it works as well as I hope it does, I'm hoping to make one for myself.  It's will to be a kite shield bracelet, my take on the one Harry Dresden wears.
Are you working on embroidering or embellishing something small?  Baste stitch some extra cloth around it so it fits better in the hoop.  I cut out my bracelet before embroidery and basted scrap felt around all the edges.  I was able to put it in a large hoop without worrying about creasing the edges.
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment