Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Write: Fortune Cookie Says...

At work, a few friends and I go out to eat every other Monday (and a couple other times during the week).  Roughly half the time, we go to a Chinese buffet.  It's pretty good food, and fun fortune cookies.  I, being the type of person I am, always take my fortunes home with me.  They get stuck in my wallet and sit there until I go to pull something else out.  Then they fall all over the floor. 

Fortunes, it seems, want to be used, not just tucked away somewhere.

As I've been going through a rough time of writing lately, I decided that I could kill two birds with one stone.  By taping my fortunes down to a piece of paper that will fit into my planner, I can easily refer to them when I need a dose of inspiration.  In fact, just reading them while taping them down gave me a few new ideas that I'm excited to write about.  Later, I think I will create a page for song lyrics and quotes.  I have those scattered around the house too.

No comments:

Post a Comment