Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Create: Fire in the Snow

I ran out of time to actually make one of the two crafts I was planning for tonight.  The cold weather and sickness has just been kicking my butt.  I'm lucky I got lunches made in time...  But never fear, I have leftovers!

Last year for Imbolc, we decided to make use of the snow outside and make some candles.  I haven't gotten to yet this year and I am so tired (so tired!) of seeing all the snow.  But I am going to try to make a new batch before it all melts.  I have some from last year left in my stash, so I thought I would pull them out and share.

 

They aren't the best, and they didn't get that weird made-in-snow edging like I saw in pictures, but it was pretty fun.  We grabbed a couple pans and filled them with snow, brought it in side and made a hole.  Put in the wax and wick and let the snow melt and form the candle.  I think next time we will use a deeper pan and maybe not pack the snow in as tight.
I'm still learning tutorials (and I'm running behind) so I'll provide a link to how to make snow candles.  Of course, this article assumes you know how to make candles.  There are lots of tutorials on how to make them, and they are pretty easy.  It just requires patience.

Go make stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment