Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Create: Masquerade

I happened across a nifty pattern on the webz that totally fits into the Mardi Gras theme... It's a crocheted mask!
 
 The pattern is easy to follow and works up quickly.  I ended up making two Thursday night because I started with the wrong hook and I didn't get time to work on it earlier (like I was supposed too...).  I'm not quite comfortable in it yet, but I'm not typically comfortable in masks.  But at least this one doesn't have plastic bits to dig into my skin.  

My plan is for this to turn into a raven mask.  There is a faerie ball/faire this spring that I want to go to, and I've chosen a raven/crow theme.  Yay for feathers and shiny bits!  Unfortunately, the ball is in April and the faire in June.  So I've got to get cracking on getting the outfit done.  I'm a horrible slacker.  But I've started on the mask!  

Now to get the top hat done....

No comments:

Post a Comment