Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Create: Something from Nothing

As my dear readers probably know by now, I am part of an art group that hosts a variety of different events.  The group is called Ames C.art and one of our events is the Sew 'n Swap.  It started off as a 'bring your project and extra fabric to swap' and has ended up as a 'here is a project to work on if you want, but you can bring your own as well.'  ...Okay, it's a little better than it sounds when I put it that way...

The last meeting we had, we made market bags.  We never got around to making produce bags, but that's on my list of things to do at home.  As I stated in a previous post, I helped others during that meeting but took the pattern home.  I also took home some wonderful fabric that just happened to be a pair of pajama pants.

A little careful placing and cutting, and tadaa!
I have a bag!  The wonderful thing about this pattern from BurdaStyle is that there is a little pocket it for it to fold up into when you aren't using it. 
Have a crafty weekend!  I'm, hopefully, going to be making Kites!

No comments:

Post a Comment