Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Write: The Destruction of You

Exercise:  Pick a time or place in your life where you felt like everything was falling down around you.  It could a storm, a family fight, or a crossroads where you have to pick which way your life is going to go.  Think about that time and write about what came after, how you picked up the pieces.

 Most think that Death is the worst card you can draw in Tarot.  But Death means only that change is coming.  Something will be laid to rest that isn't working and something new will be born.  Everything changes and the death of a tree allows it's children to thrive in the light.

The Tower is worse than Death.  Symbolizing the destruction of Babylon, it points to the destruction of you.  Torn down, tattered, and scattered so far away that you cannot put the pieces back together.  Instead, you have to create something new and go down a new path.  There is no going back to the way things were.  This is not the easy change Death brings.  This is rampant Chaos.

And it's happened to me more than I care to admit.

The last time it came up, I felt the pressure of ...something... lurking just out of reach.  My life wasn't bad, it wasn't perfect either, but I didn't feel that I needed a drastic change.  But I was stuck in a rut and it wasn't getting better.  The Tower came up and I sat down and cried.

That looming weight crashed down on me and swept me away from my safe and normal life.  It took me out of my comfort zone and got me going.  I didn't want to do what I was going to do, but I had to do it.  I had to.  It just wasn't working any more.

I am enjoying the path that the destruction of my life lead me on.  I've gone to school, organized my life, recognized that I have a creative side that wants to come out.  I am more myself now that I've destroyed my previous life. 

And though I pray I never see the Tower again, I am thankful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment