Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Inspire: Summer Nights

When most people think of Summer it's what you see in magazines - the sun, the beach, the pool, the day.  And that's what I typically think too, but one of my favorite aspects of summer is the nights.  After a blisteringly humid day being sunburned, I can't wait for the temperature to fall and the lightning bugs to come out.  I don't think there is a better time for looking up at the stars than on a cool summer night.

Of course, that's on the days when you are praying for rain.

Right now we're in the middle of flood season and the rain postponed fireworks yesterday.

But the nights are still wonderful.  A great retreat after the bleaching light of the days.  I can't wait to go sweat and get cranky camping just so I can go sit around a bonfire at night watching the trees be lit up from the bottom.

What are your favorite parts of a summer night?  Do you relish the small amount of darkness you get (the sun sets at about 9-10pm and gets up at about 5-6am here), or is it just a hassle in the way of the sun?

No comments:

Post a Comment