Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Inspire: The Balance of Things

September 21st, 2010 is the Autumn Equinox here in the northern hemisphere.  For Pagans/Wiccans, the holiday is typically a balance between light and dark.  The day and night are equal, and the year starts winding down to winter's sleep.  It is the second of the harvest festivals, anda  time to look at what you have harvested and what you have yet to bring in.

In my personal opinion, it is also the time for Persephone to descend and head back to her Lord Hades.  She is not lost to us on Earth, but she waits, secure in her promise and offer of change, deep beneath the surface where she can nurture our seed until we grow again.

This year I seem to be mourning the passing of summer more than any other.  Typically, I'm very happy that it is finally fall.  But this year has been way to rainy and I haven't gotten to finish all the things I want to.  And without a car, I'm really dreading the snow and cold. 

But yet, summer's hectic dance is over and I feel it is time to slow down and take a look around.  It's time to balance out fun and work, work and creativity. 

What do you need to balance?

No comments:

Post a Comment