Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Write: A Letter to the World

One of the joys of zines is that you can publish whatever you want.  It doesn't have to go through an editor or an agent or a publishing house.  You do what you want, then you can go out and find a distro that works for you.  Or you can distribute them yourself.

Prompt:  What do you want to say to the world?  If you could write anything to anyone, what would it be?

I want to write what is inside me.  I want to let it all out - the trash, the beauty, the joy and sorrow.  I want to say everything and not care who I said it to.

If I want to curse, I'll curse.  If I want to tell the world what an awful, horrible place it is, than I can.  No worries about politics or opinions.  Just me and mine. 

I, with my shell and armor, will lay down my arms for just one moment to rest on my constant battle against everything.  I will lean against the wall and let my soldier tales fall on rookie ears.  Maybe some veterans of the culture war will share their tales and tell me what a rookie I am.  But that doesn't matter, I will be letting it out.

I will lock my monster in a closet and run for the hills, leaving a trail of words fading behind me.  All the No's and Don'ts and That's Stupids will be left behind, wrapped in a cord made of me saying Yes and I Can. 

I Can be who I want to be, if only for a moment, as my pen touches the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment