Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Muse: Crafting Crafting Crafting

I decided to participate in a craft fair finally.  I was trying to help motivate a friend of mine who decided she wanted to start a crafty jewelry business as her part time job.  So what better way to get her out there and finding customers?  A craft fair!

I had kind of given up on the idea of my own crafty business as too much work.  If I have to make the same thing too many times, I'm tired of it and it's not fun anymore.  But I decided I could help her out.  I'd bring my hemp jewelry and she could bring her beaded jewelry and we could have a good time sitting together.

Except she flaked on me.  Granted, I expected it, but still, geez.  So luckily I had snagged another friend to sit with me, had a bunch of zines from another friend, and I knew half of the vendors, so it was a pretty good day.  Do I think I'll do it again?  Maybe, but with different/more items. 

I had fun, though, and learned a bit.  And I got my son to get me an xmas present I'm really going to enjoy. 

So even though it threw off my writing, I'm glad I participated.

What do you want to do but haven't gone for?

No comments:

Post a Comment