Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Inspire: Don't Save The Princess!

I like to believe that one of the reasons I never finished the Nintendo Mario game was that I thought the princess sucked.  You go through all those levels just to be told by the same toadstool that she's in another castle.  Couldn't someone have given the plumber better advice?  Couldn't the princess get away herself?
The Princess is in another castle!
I've never been a big fan of rescuing princesses, or princes.  The fainting, the weakness, not my thing.  I like my damsels to be distressing their captors, raising hell, and giving the bad guys more to worry about than just the hero.  I want the captive to be tied up because they kicked the captor in the balls.  I want the person saved to be a help escaping, not a hindrance.

And I want that toadstool to tell me where the princess is!

No comments:

Post a Comment