Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Inspire: Wheel of Fortune


I had the opportunity last week to be a part of a guided meditation.  I actually did the trance drumming.  During the meditation, tarot cards were handed out to represent the journey and inner conflicts that we were going to be working on.  As I was drumming, I didn’t take a physical card but one popped into my head.  It was the Wheel of Fortune.
From Tarot.com, the Fenestra Deck
As some of you may already know, my life tends to be cyclical.  I will be riding high and things will be going great, then they will fall down around my ears.  It’s much better now than it used to be.  Now I just get into slumps where nothing gets done.  I used to play hermit after every major event dealing with other people.

The Wheel of Fortune doesn’t refer to the TV show or just good luck.  It refers, instead, to the ups and downs that everyone goes through.  You can rise only to fall back down.  But the center stays the same.  One of the quick ways to explain it is:  Learn to go with the flow without resisting its ups and downs.

What did I learn from this?  I learned that even though I’m in a down period doesn’t mean I will stay there.  When I recognize that I am on the down swing, it helps me return to the upswing instead of wallowing.  If I can recognize it and work past it, maybe someday I will reside in the center and be sure in myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment