Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Noumenia: A New Month

It's hard to believe another month has gone by so quickly. 

I'm pretty much out of my funk from last month.  I descended into a different one, but now I feel more calm and on top of my projects.  I spent some time on Monday going over all my commitments and projects and outlining a way to get them done.

I'm still heading on some ambitious time lines, but it puts me in the right direction for where I want to be with my writing.  Now I just have to reign in my crafting ideas!

I took a few steps towards being a 'real' poet and signed up for the Iowa Poetry Association.  I also attended one of their workshops this past week.  We were supposed to send in a poem we were having problems with.  I sent in one that I couldn't get into editing because I couldn't figure out exactly what was wrong - not that I thought it was a good poem, I just couldn't figure out where I was going wrong.  The feedback I received was good.  I hadn't thought of what they said and I can apply the feedback to a number of my poems now.  I just need to sit down with my editing hat on.

I hope your month ends and begins well.  I'm still waiting for the warm weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment