Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Create: A Little of This and That

These past few weeks have gone by in a blur.  Crafting wise, I've been making a bunch of stuff, but none of it is mine.  I've fallen prey to the swapping bug again and I've sent out and received two packages.  I like the swaps because they challenge me, but they often don't leave time for other crafting and leave my confidence a bit shaky. 

But!  I've made two skirts in the past couple weeks and I'm pretty proud of myself for finally overcoming the block and getting them done.

I made one with multicolored polkadots.

And the other with a 'rasta' theme.  I like the way this one turned out best.

I've made headbands and bags and wallets, all falling from my sewing machine like rain dropping into the ocean.  All going away.  But they left me with a new skill set and some nifty stuff.  I just received a skirt in the mail yesterday that I'm over the moon about... but I feel bad because she is the one I sent my first skirt too and she put more work into hers than I did mine.  But that's a part of swapping, right? 

I'm trying not to sign up anymore, my weekends are pretty full from here until sometime in October.  But there's a Dresden Files swap in the works and I do love my paranormal detectives... :)

2 comments:

  1. That skirt is beautiful! You did a great job on all the items you made :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Now I just have to get around to making one for myself... :)

    ReplyDelete