Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Inspire: Thunder, Thunder, Thunder, ThunderCats! Ho!

My mom always said that when I was little, and pissed off, I wouldn't swear.  No, instead I would yell "Thunder, thunder, thunder, ThunderCats!"  She also says I would run out of the bath nekkid to watch Fraggle Rock...  It should come as no surprise that I am bouncing with anticipation for the new ThunderCats series to premier on Friday.  Although I promise I'll have clothes on. 

My kiddo keeps giving me crap and wandering around the house yelling "Thunder, thunder, ThunderCats!"  But I really don't care, it's awesome.  He watched the first couple episodes this weekend and now I think he's excited about it as well.  He wants me to get the disks from NetFlix.  How awesome is that?!  Unfortunately, his Magic: the Gathering tournaments are on Friday so he won't be able to watch the premier. 

The new series takes the ThunderCats back to Thundara, but I'm not sure how long they will stay there.  I had thought the new series was going to be placed before the old series in entirety, but after watching the old episodes, there's no way it can be.  In the first episode, Lion-O can't even lift the Sword of Omens and he's a really little kit.  How can you have a whole show without the Sword of Omens and without Mumm-Ra?  From some of the previews I've seen, they don't leave out either.  That means it will probably redo the old series.  I think I'm okay with that. 

The old series always seemed to focus on moral character.  The ThunderCats needed to have loyalty and honor to be what they are.  We can only hope that in this new age of cartoons blowing stuff up for the fun of it, that the message of the ThunderCats will still ring true.

ThunderCats, Ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment