Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Inspire: The Night Starts Here

There is a song that has been playing over and over on my local college radio station.  Well, there's a couple, but this one I could actually find the name to.  The other still lurks out there, taunting me...  The song is called The Night Starts Here by the Stars.

Here are some of the lyrics:


The pleasure part, the afterthought, the missing stone in the graveyard
The time we have, the task at hand, the love it takes to become a man
The dust at dawn is rained upon, attaches itself to everyone
No one is spared, no one is clean
It travels places you've never been or seen before

The night starts here, forget your name, forget your fear
You drop a coin into the sea, and shout out "Please come back to me"
You name your child after your fear, and tell them "I have brought you here"

Forget your fear.  Forget everything and start here.   Don't worry about what came before or what will come after, just do it.  Everyone has their fears, everyone has their failures, but we need to put those aside and learn to live life because no moment will repeat itself.  You can't get back the moments you spent agonizing over something you did, so just let it go.

Now maybe I can get this song out of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment