Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Create: Holy Craft, Batman!

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!  I'm finally kicking off the funk of turkey and getting back to a normal schedule.  

I finally finished (mostly) my big projects.  I've got a bit of cord making to do and I will be done and dressed for next weekend.  Dressed?  Yes, dressed.  I finished my attempt at Italian Renaissance under and over dresses this week.  I also made a absolutely basic mantle/cloak, a belt, and a new bag.  All in all, I went through about seventeen yards of fabric.  Yikes.  It mostly looks like a big pile of fabric right now.  I'll try to remember to take a picture when the lacing is done.

In addition, I made a fantastic sweet potato recipe from Budget Bites, my new favorite foodie blog.  Of course, I forgot to take a picture.  A few members of my family even ate and really liked it too!  For my family, who are suspicious of a cheese ball, this was a good step forward.  Well, a step forward for those who ate it.

I will continue my quest to widen the taste buds of my extended family.  My mom said I could cook the turkey next year.  Mwah ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment