Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Write: Keep going?


“Mom, aren’t you supposed to be writing?”

“I will in a minute.”

“Mom, do you want me to turn off this show so you can go write?”

That was a conversation The Kiddo and I had last week when he (and I) discovered Ouran High School Host Club on Netflix.  At first, it was on in the background and I thought it was a silly anime show.  But then I realized that I wanted to see the end of it and the kiddo wanted to use the computer and I wouldn’t let him because I was, at some point, going to go write.

I’m thankful to The Kiddo for trying to get my butt writing.  Unfortunately, it hasn’t worked all that well. 

The weekends have been killing me.  I have the weekends scheduled as my catch up writing time.  I figured that hours and hours of time would mean that I would be writing during that time.  Instead, I work on other projects and never touch my writing.

I’m currently hovering over ‘quitting’ NaNoWriMo for the year and just typing at my own pace and buckling down to get it done.  I hate quitting.  I feel like if I do, my novel will never get done.  I think I’m going to try catching up during this long weekend since my other projects are almost done.  If I don’t manage to ‘win’ NaNo, then it’s okay, but I’m going to give it my best shot to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment