Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Inspire: A Gathering of Friends


I had a blast on Saturday.  Another friend of mine tied the knot.  While this time there was a DJ instead of a band, we still filled the floor and danced the night away.  I was disappointed they didn’t have the Time Warp, but we did do the Funky Chicken.  There was laughter and joy, the most important things at any gathering.

Last week, I had a great time at Creative Collision, the monthly get together of my local arts group, Ames C.art.  I wasn’t planning on going since I had a headache, but I’m quite happy I did.  We laughed, we shared, and we had great drinks.  I left feeling energized about the rest of the month – and I had an offer to borrow a sewing machine. 

Two weeks ago, I went roller skating for the first time in years.  My friend, my sister, and my kiddo all drove thirty miles outside of town to put on wheels and skate around a rink.  It reminded me so much of my hometown rink, now buried for years under the Super Walmart parking lot.  I was ecstatic that I remembered how to skate, and I loved watching my sister learn the ins and outs of a rink. 

I am beyond thankful for my friends.  They are my family, and they welcome me and mine without question.

No comments:

Post a Comment