Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Write: Epic Fail, or Lessons from NaNoWriMo

So... I didn't come close to finishing NaNoWriMo this year.  Yes, I know I still have all of today to catch up, but it is not going to happen.  I still have a good start on my novel and I really like it, it's just not getting done right now. 

Last year, I finished NaNoWriMo with a sense of accomplishment.  I could, indeed, write a freaking novel.  I could find time to write more than short stories and I could hang in there over the long haul.  I had hand written a novel in a month.  It didn't end up where I wanted it to go, but it was down on paper.

This year, I walk away from novel writing month with only a big sigh, a half finished manuscript, and a sense that I have finally stretched myself as far as I can. Catching up on my writing would have only added to my insanity and everything would still be half done right now.  I can't take on any other tasks for a while.  However, I know I can still make some time for writing.

Did you finish NaNoWriMo this year?  How do you deal with tasking yourself up to the snapping point?

No comments:

Post a Comment