Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Inspire: Freedom and Liberty

Sorry again, guys.  Sickness struck yesterday even after I instructed it not to.

I live in Iowa.  Not much for anyone to really think about, it's mostly flat and full of corn.  But every once in awhile we do something awesome... such as granting homosexuals the right to marry.  Our state motto is "Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain."  This motto is something that I really feel I've connected to in the past couple years, giving me pride in a country that I tend to be disgusted with.  But at the same time as I am growing tired of the political pollution and environmental destruction, this land is a place where everyone has a right to be heard.  If I don't like it, it is my job, my duty, my civic responsibility to stand up and be heard.

The Fourth of July means fireworks and BBQs, but this year I hope to instill in my son just what it means to be free.

What are your plans for the Fourth?

No comments:

Post a Comment