Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Create: A Work in Progress

I decided, like every year, to start on my xmas presents early.  This year I actually started some xmas projects.  Maybe they will be xmas projects...if I can get them done on time.  I've got months to go and I'm worried about getting them done!

I found this fantastic book at Hobby Lobby back in January.  It is Crocheted Afghans by Melody Griffiths.  I normally don't buy new craft books, I rent them from the library or find old ones at book sales.  But I had a coupon and there were a good number of projects that I wanted to make.


The project I decided to start on and am dreading the weaving of ends is this one.  It's called Roses and Daisies Throw.  It has one hundred small squares joined together to make up roses and daisies.  Right now I'm working on the daisies and I may double up the number and leave out the roses all together.  I'm not that big a fan of them.  But I may change my mind. 


Part of the reason I wanted this book is that it has a bunch of projects perfect for scrap yarn.  I have a bunch of yarn that I got from my great-grandma.  She can't crochet anymore and so gave most of it to me.  That means I have a lot of yarn, but not all of it in the best of colors.  This throw lets me take the smaller colors and use them for something.  It doesn't matter how much I have or how little, I can just switch out colors as I will.

I've been rotating a group of three colors to make six squares and then I change colors.  I've just about reached the point where I think I might have to repeat colors. 

Here is the one I'm working on now.  It's not the best choice of colors, but once I use the blue outside the center on the next set, I think it will look fine.

I haven't been working on this for awhile but I picked it back up this week.  I've been watching the first season DVD of Supernatural and doing this keeps me from feeling like I'm extremely lazy for sitting on the couch. 

And tonight I go to my concert!  Yes!!!!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment