Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Inspire: Something Supernatural

I had a conversation with a friend a couple weeks ago about TV shows.  He was looking for something new to watch.  I suggested Being Human and, being an addict, Doctor Who.  I also said that I had caught an episode or two of Supernatural and it looked interested.

His response was an emphatic get it, watch it, love it.  So I borrowed the first season from the library and I have to say, I love it.

Supernatural follows two brothers around the US as they follow supernatural occurrences in a search for their father and the thing that killed their mother.  They killed a Bloody Mary type creature, a White Lady ghost, a Tibetan thought form, and a Wendigo.



In the first season, they came to Iowa twice.  Twice!  Granted, they didn't really come to Iowa and they didn't do very good research, but they still used Iowa.  I guess that's 'cause we are awesome and so boring to most people that we should be the place where supernatural things happen.  But Ankeny does not have a university, thank you very much.

In addition to them being wonderful hunters, con artists, and identity thieves, they are cute.  Although I'm only interested in Dean Winchester. :)

I've got season two on reserve at the library and I can see this show being something that I bring home. 

I normally don't care for thrillers or horror films because I have a tendency to think too much and get nightmares.  And I hate mind thrillers because of that reason.  It sticks in my head and makes me wonder about every closed door and mirror in the house.  Let me rephrase that.  I love them, but I don't like the after effects.

This show has elements of everything.  There are some gory scenes, some mind games, comedy, and tears all interwoven.  I typically try to watch something else before I go to bed after watching Supernatural, and the Bloody Mary episode made it so I didn't want to look at the mirror that night, but it still draws me back in. 

If you are looking for something new to watch, I highly recommend Supernatural.

No comments:

Post a Comment