Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Write: The Fiction Project

Today there won't be a story or a poem, but I'd like to share with you one of the projects that I am working on.  Some of you may know about the Sketchbook Project, where sketchbooks were sent out to be filled on a theme and then displayed in a moving library.  The Art House Co-op that put on the Sketchbook Project are now working on The Fiction Project.

The Fiction Project is a similar idea, but at least 51% of the book must be writing.  They don't want printed lettering, they want handwriting.  They want to connect people to the written word by writing it and fusing it with art.

Art?  Yes, art.  I have to be all fancy and figure out how to add art to my story.  I might do cut and paste like I've been doing for my zines, or I might doodle here and there (which is pretty likely).  

My theme is "In Five Minutes..."  I think my story  my be about a descent into the underworld and thinking about how every person, not just every religion, has a different take on what happens when you die.  So my ghosts will wander through different vistas and ideas.  I'm still mulling it over, even though I need to start writing, trying to decide if it's too morbid of an idea.  But I think it will be fun. 

The book is due in the mail on May 1st.  Let's hope I can get it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment